Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Review of Hell On Heels by Robyn Peterman




BLURB:

Where does a Demon go when she gets deported from Hell?

Kentucky. Eden, Kentucky to be more specific—where nothing is exactly as it seems. 
My name is Dixie. I’m a Demon—a lousy Demon. I’m a twenty-one year old virgin and I have a battery operated boyfriend. My magic is iffy at best and downright dangerous at worst. Leaving Hell to represent my race is not high on my list of things to do.

Hell was exact. Hell was simple. All I want to do is get to home base with the hotter than Hades Demon of my dreams and work on my dark side so Satan, my dad, will get off my ass.

Instead I end up in Kentucky looking for the Balance of Chaos, avoiding pole dancing classes with Mother Nature and finding out my invisible friend is a silver skinned destructive weather pattern.

And if that isn’t craptastic enough, the damn Sword of Death is missing again and who ever has it wants the King of the Underworld dead. Seriously.

With new powers emerging daily, keeping my Demon side, horniness and general disgust under wraps doesn’t make it any easier to fit in with the humans. Thankfully my priorities are in line; get laid…save world…try not to blow up kitchen appliances…and get laid again. I was ready to rumble.
All I want to do is go back to Hell, but with the balance of good and evil in my hands, I’m stuck in the garden of Eden. Oh well, what the Hell. Someone has to save the world before there’s no world left to save. Might as well be me.



MY REVIEW:

Robyn Peterman does it again! She created another hilarious, fun, snarky romance that left me doubled over with laughter and just immensely pleased. With a Robyn Peterman book you can expect the unexpected, and that is just beyond awesome.

I really loved getting to know Dixie more through the third book in The Hot Damned Series. We first met her in book 2, Fashionably Dead Down Under and I just wanted so bad to be friends with her. She is surprisingly  sweet for a Demon and has the kindest soul. I love her personality and her quirky ways and her friends are just as amazing and sweet, yet highly destructive. I loved watching Dixie flourish and fall in love with her soulmate and I so enjoyed watching her many adventures as her powers grow to amazing heights. I am absolutely in LUST with Hayden. I love the fact he has been waiting so long for Dixie and I just love how good he is to her. He is incredibly good looking and I found his cockiness hot. The scenes between Dixie and Hayden were beyond yummy! I found myself sighing dreamily and fanning myself. I could go on and on about the characters of Hell On Heels but I think I will stop before I totally give everything a way *wink*. 

I can't tell you enough how much I loved this book and how much I am looking forward to the next book. I am amazed with the creative juices that flow from Robyn Peterman. Her work is fun, sassy, snarky, and the characters unforgettable and the story imaginative and totally creative. Her Hot Damned books got so much humor and hysterical adventures that I nearly wet myself and had to stop a few times just to catch my breath. Yes, its THAT good! That is why I give Hell On Heels a whopping FIVE OUT OF FIVE STARS! If I could, I would give this a 10! If you like your paranormal romance with lots of laughs, plenty of adventure and sensual, sexy passion, then Hell On Heels is the book for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment