Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Review of The Guardian's Witch by Ruth A. Casie

 
I received an ARC copy of this book through Netgalley for my honest review. First off I have to tell you I just LOVE..and I mean LOVE this cover! The colors and hues are stunning. The title is also a favorite of mine. I think the cover goes perfectly with the title and it was the two of these things combined that instantly grabbed my attention.
 
BLURB:
England, 1290
Lord Alex Stelton can't resist a challenge, especially one with a prize like this: protect a castle on the Scottish border for a year, and it's his. Desperate for land of his own, he'll do anything to win the estate—even enter a proxy marriage to Lady Lisbeth Reynolds, the rumored witch who lives there.
Feared and scorned for her second sight, Lisbeth swore she'd never marry, but she is drawn to the handsome, confident Alex. She sees great love with him but fears what he would think of her gift and her visions of a traitor in their midst.
Despite his own vow never to fall in love, Alex can't get the alluring Lisbeth out of his mind and is driven to protect her when attacks begin on the border. But as her visions of danger intensify, Lisbeth knows it is she who must protect him. Realizing they'll secure their future only by facing the threat together, she must choose between keeping her magic a secret and losing the man she loves.

 
MY REVIEW:
 
There are not a ton of historical romances that can capture my attention and keep me locked onto the book without yawning, but this was stunning. I gave this a FOUR OUT OF FIVE STARS. A total enjoyable, fun, sigh-worthy romance that kept my eyes glued to my kindle needing to know how the story ended. I really felt that Alex and Lisbeth had the perfect chemistry and just made the whole story incredible. The passion was there, crackling on the pages and I could tell that their love for one another was strong. There was nothing that was left out. It really was the perfect historical romance with just the right amount of everything. I also thought the ending fit nicely with the story and can't think of a better one. A worthy read and one I definitely recommend. Hoping for more from Ruth A. Casie.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment