Sunday, October 5, 2014

ARC Review of Fitting The Pieces by Janine Infante Bosco




BLURB:

You’ve laughed with them. You’ve cried with them. Now it’s time to say goodbye to the Lanza Family, in the final installment of The Riverdale Series.

Luke Lanza is a man who has always done the responsible thing. He has faced a lot of challenging obstacles in his life; from raising his daughter on his own, to building a successful business, even being the only viable donor that could save his brother’s life. Knowing this about his brother and knowing that he was going to die, Jake asked him to look after the love of his life. Now Luke is torn between the promise he made to his brother and the pull of something he’s never known before.

“Promise me, I need to hear you say it, Luke.”
Luke swallowed. “I promise I’ll take care of Cara, you don’t have to worry about her.” A tear slipped down his cheek as he finished his vow to his little brother.
Jake smiled slightly and closed his eyes. “I could always count on you.”

Cara Sloane is struggling with the loss of her first love and the power of addiction. Jake had been her rock for so long, with him gone she realizes how broken she is. She doesn’t want to feel anything, least of all the emptiness in her heart.

“I know you’re at peace and I should be thankful for that, but I can’t be. I never realized what a selfish person I was. You were suffering and all I could do was pray for you not to leave me.”

A tragic accident leaves Luke and his family pleading with Cara to change the course of her life. Can Cara face her demons and learn there is life after Jake? Can she learn that she can hold onto to the beautiful memories they made together and still live her life?

“I don’t want to fix her because she’s broken.” He said with his own voice sounding a bit broken. “I want to help her because losing her too isn’t an option.”
Individually they try to heal, together they wonder if they can fit the pieces of their broken lives.



MY REVIEW:

 Fitting The Pieces is the AMAZINGLY emotional third and final installment in Janine Bosco's  The Riverdale Series. This book left me an emotional wreck. I both loved the drama and hated it. I loved it because it showed how people react when a death occurs and shows how sometimes, love and patience is all it takes to heal another person after a loss of someone they loved. I hated it because in parts of this story, it left me completely sad and hurt...just utterly heartbroken for both Cara and Luke.

Fitting The Pieces has got to be one the most heart-wrenching books I have read this year. It was so well developed and thought out and the characters true and had so much depth, while the story was addicting and fascinating and just felt...REAL while the romance was rich, the sex HOT and all-consuming.  Even though I cried through most of this book, I also felt complete contentment and just amazed at the sincerity and heartfelt moments that Janine Bosco put into her story. It touched me to the bottom of my soul and I was completely satisfied with the final book in this series. Luke is patient, caring and sexy. He never gave up on Cara. He just kept pushing her and taking care of her until the very end. Cara was devastated by the loss of her fiance and Luke's brother Jake. I loved reading her diary to Jake even though sometimes it tore me up. I can understand the loss of the man she loved and understood that the pain sometimes became too much. I am glad though that she eventually let Luke help her. Yea, she lashed out but Luke wouldn't give up and I just felt this was the most heartbreaking and heartfelt story I have read in a long time.

I give Fitting The Pieces by Janine Bosco an AMAZING FIVE OUT OF FIVE STARS! Its THAT good! I was happy with how the author did the last book and wouldn't want anything in this third and final book to change. If you like a good emotional romance with real depth and character, then The Riverdale Series may be just the books you need.   

No comments:

Post a Comment