Thursday, November 13, 2014

Review of Twelve Shades of Midnight by Twelve Shades of Midnight: (A ParanormaTwelve Shades of Midnight by Liliana Hart (Author), Darynda Jones (Author), Shea Berkley (Author), Dakota Cassidy (Author), Claire Cavanaugh (Author), Rachel Grant (Author), Trish McCallan (Author), Angi Morgan (Author), Robin Perini (Author), Robyn Peterman (Author), Ann Voss Peterson (Author), Jenn Stark (Author)




BLURB:

12 authors…12 unforgettable, never-before-released stories

Twelve Shades of Midnight

The stroke of midnight ushers in many things. From hijinks and mischief to danger and evil, romance is the magic that binds these paranormal novellas together. Join 12 bestselling and award winning authors as they explore the different shades of midnight in exclusive, never-before-released stories.

Liliana Hart - THE WITCH NEXT DOOR
Darynda Jones - A LOVELY DROP
Shea Berkley - DARK SECRETS: STONE COLD DEAD
Dakota Cassidy - WITCHED AT BIRTH
Claire Cavanaugh - MIDNIGHT RENEGADE
Rachel Grant - MIDNIGHT SUN
Trish McCallan— SPIRIT WOODS
Angi Morgan - BODYGUARDS IN HEELS: HIT AND RUN HALLIE
Robin Perini - DARK GUARDIANS: NIGHT OF THE JAGUAR
Robyn Peterman - SWITCHING HOUR
Ann Voss Peterson - THE SCHOOL
Jenn Stark - GETTING WILDE

Which shade of midnight are you? 



MY REVIEW:

Twelve Shades of Midnight? More like Twelve Shades of GIMME MORE!!! Each novella was better then the last and I can totally see why these particular authors was chosen for this Anthology. Witches, shifters, humans with extraordinary gifts and sexy, dominant men, plus some laugh your tushie off moments that will leave you keeled over clutching your sides. 

As with most anthologies, I had a few stories that were just favorites of mine. Darynda Jones's A Lovely Drop left me wanting MORE. I would absolutely LOOOVE to see this novella become a series. It was just as exciting, fun, and interesting as her Charley Davidson Series. Another one was Dakota Cassidy's Witched At Birth. This story left me laughing so hard. I loved the sisters and I loved the fun outrageousness they go through...especially at the beginning when they were in prison. My other favorite is of course, Robyn Peterman's Switching Hour. It was hilarious, fun, and just outrageous with some seriously sexy moments. I just LOOOVE this author! 

I thought each author had a unique sense of writing and each story was fun and worth every penny I paid. I give this anthology a FULL FIVE OUT OF FIVE STARS! I loved all the paranormal elements and the awesomeness of each novella. I hope these authors do another anthology in the future because this one was SOOOOO GOOD, I need MORE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment