Sunday, February 2, 2014

Review of Love Burned Deep by Nickie Nalley Seidler



This particular book was a bit difficult for me to review. I liked the description of the characters and the deep love that they seemed to have for each other, but I did think there was a bit too much drama for a novella. Would I say this book was bad? No. The style of writing was good and the characters interesting and sexy. I just think a little less drama would of done this book wonders. 

BLURB:

Sometimes the past stays in the past, and other times it can follow you forever. All Rachel wanted was to live a life of happiness and have her husband all to herself. Cody had a rough start as a troubled kid addicted to drugs, but with a lot of help and support, he turned himself around and became a top notch firefighter who was head over heels in love with Rachel. 
Not everyone was as lucky as Cody. Jealousy from a past love and fellow addict threatens to tear him and Rachel apart and send their happiness up in flames. Cody has no idea how to face this situation from his past and save his marriage. 
Love, trust, and the hope of one day having a family together keep Rachel from walking away from Cody and his past and never looking back. Will her faith in her man and their love be enough to overcome evil, or will they forever be burned?


I really like Rachel and Cody. I thought there love for each other was very obvious. The sex was quite hot and the description of Cody had me practically drooling on my kindle. But Angie was a complication that just kept threatening their love. I did not really like how Cody didn't seem..really willing to help Angie even after years of her stalking him and Rachel. I only gave this book a Two and a half stars because of the constant drama Angie brought to the story. I felt like this story could of been better without Angie being in nearly every chapter especially since she caused more trouble whenever she popped up. It just seemed like whenever Rachel could forgive Cody for not taking care of the Angie problem sooner, she would show up and the drama would begin anew. Other then that, this story is pretty good with sexy characters and a fabulous cover.  I would recommend this book to those that enjoy a short story on a rainy day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment