Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Havoc (Havoc Series Book 1) by Xavier Neal ARC Review




BLURB:

When Clint "Grim" Walker, started Operation: Save Haven Davenport, the beaten, bruised girl who fell into his life, he had no idea it would turn him into an unbalanced, enraged, insecure idiot. 
The mission objectives seemed simple. Make her feel safe in his home. Fail. Protect her from the neighborhood playboy. Fail. Shelter her from the ex girlfriend. Fail. Not fall in love with her. Epic fail. And while Clint could learn to live with those failures, there's one he can't. And that's the objective that matters most. More than his side duties of making amends with his father, more than accepting motherly love from his meddling neighbor, and more than attempting to relate to his brother's in arms off the field. That objective is life or death.



MY REVIEW:

Havoc is one story I enjoyed to the fullest. I am a HUGE fan of a damsel in distress (Haven) and the hero or knight in shinning armor (Grim) who comes to the rescue. I know that this type of story isn't what everyone likes, but for me, I LOVED IT. Of course it might have to do with my own personal fantasies of being rescued by a sexy hero. What woman could deny a sexy hero coming to the aid of a woman in need? Definitely not this girl!  *Wink*

Clint "Grim" Walker is a one bad ass marine who after returning home, has one mission: Protect Haven. The scared and beaten young woman who more or less fell into his life. This is a story that gripped me from the first chapter. I loved the developed story and how the story is through Clint's POV which just added to the story. It was emotional and interesting, and in some moments funny. I laughed and cried and just generally enjoyed Havoc and am so glad I was offered the chance to read and review for Xavier Neal, the very talented author of Havoc.

I gave Havoc a very fine FOUR OUT OF FIVE SHOOTING STARS! Havoc is the kind of story that will grip you from the beginning and hold you tight to the very end. I really think Xavier is a wonderfully talented author who knows how to create an intriguing story with depth and character.

No comments:

Post a Comment