Thursday, March 20, 2014

ARC Review of Ecstasy Claimed by Setta Jay


BLURB:

Gregoire has spent centuries with his brother Guardians fighting for the safety and security of the Realms. Endless decades of battling mixed with bouts of mindless sex to sate his needs. Needs that haven’t truly been fulfilled since she was born. The one destined to be his bonded mate. For the last twenty five years Gregoire has kept his distance giving her time to grow into a female who is capable of handling his intense dominance.

Alyssa has done everything that was expected of her, until the day she finds out she has a mate who has left her unclaimed. Unheard of when mates are rare and coveted. Even worse is the fact that he is the most powerful of her race and a Guardian of the Realms. Furious at the rejection she decides she is now in charge of her life. No more will she allow others to rule her.

Against the backdrop of evil forces that are conspiring to topple the Realms, can Gregoire find his wayward mate before she is taken by corrupt Immortals? Can Alyssa forgive him and learn to exert her own female power while surrendering to his savage passion? And will the two of them be able to forge a mate bond that cannot be severed... or will they be forever cursed with an Ecstasy Unclaimed?

MY REVIEW:

I was Ecstatic to receive a ARC digital copy of the second A Guardians of the Realms Novel in  exchange for a honest review because after reading the first one and LOVING it, I knew right away I would LOOOOVE this book too, and I did! This book was so beyond captivating. I was yanked into this story from the first few sentences and as the book progressed, I was pulled in deeper and deeper with this story until I did NOT want it to end. 
Ecstasy Claimed was spell-bounding and so incredibly erotic and sex as hell! I am in absolute LUST with Gregoire. He is one stunningly dominant, sexy Guardian. He definitely made me pant more than a few times in this book. I thought with Ecstasy Unbound, Urian would be my favorite, but nope, Setta Jay came up with another male even MORE yummy in this one.
Now Alyssa I can really picture being friends with. I love her strong, defiant nature and how really powerful she was in such a small form.  It was really fun seeing how Alyssa decided since Gregoire hadn't claimed her after she hit her majority, and she was still a virgin, she was going  on vacation with her friend at a special resort meant for sexual pleasure and get rid of that little nugget. Until Gregoire finally decides its time to claim his mate and finds her at his friend's resort, then he is deliciously angry and shows her EXACTLY who she belongs to.
When I read Ecstasy Unbound I knew the story and characters reminded me some of Sherrilyn Kenyons's Dark Hunter Series but there was another Series it was similar to, but I couldn't quite remember what until I got to this book. With the shapeshifting, it reminded me of Thea Harrison's Elder Races Series and just made the story that much better. Im telling you all, if you liked Thea Harrison's Elder Races Series and Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter Novels then I really believe you would like this series, especially if you enjoy INCREDIBLY HOT SEX!
In rating this I wish I could give Ecstasy Claimed a Ten out of Ten but since I can't, I will settle for giving this A FIVE OUT OF FIVE STARS! It really deserves that and more. Ecstasy Claimed is Captivating, sexy, dark story, with plenty of great sex and awesome characters. A true MUST read.

No comments:

Post a Comment