Sunday, April 8, 2018

ARC Review - Corey (SEALS of Honor) by Dale Mayer!


BLURB:

A voice from the past cries out for help and Corey finds himself reunited with the only woman who'd ever rocked his world straight off the axis. But twelve years is a long time apart. Both of them have moved on, but, tragically, Angela is no longer the lighthearted woman he once knew and loved.

Caught in a nasty divorce and custody battle, Angela will do anything to keep her son with her. After seven years of a rocky marriage, she's only just beginning to figure out what kind of a man her husband truly is.

Angela makes it clear to Corey she doesn't want or need his help. She's got her own insurance to secure her case. But Corey is determined to shield his old flame anyway because she doesn't seem to realize her "insurance" is more than likely to get her dead sooner rather than later. Given that Corey's up against a man with no intention of letting his son go, it's a race to see who ends up in a casket first.

MY REVIEW:

OH. MY. GOODNESS. What a story! A stunning new installment in Dale Mayer's SEALS of Honor series that brought intense action, a compelling plot..one that is an all time favorite of mine, with a hell of a DROOL/SIGH/SWOON worthy hero and an amazingly strong heroine who wants nothing more than her son to be with her and forever safe. Oh how I fell for this type of romance. It was exciting, gave me all sorts of great feels, and gave me one heck of a HUGE crush on Corey. I loved that I felt on the edge with all the intense action. It was exciting, irresistible, sexy, sweet, fierce, and just AMAZING!

One of my favorite things about Dale Mayer that I love, is the way she can create a story that has the BEST mix of suspense and romance and still make the hero a..well hero! The heroes are always great, but Corey...hot damn...if I could choose just ONE of these SEALS as my own, I would pick Corey in a FREAKING HEARTBEAT! I loved how he is with Angela. When she tried pushing him away, he stood firm and showed her that she could trust him, that he cared about her and wanted to protect her and her son and show her the love she deserved. Even though I know these SEALS are dreamy, it still managed to surprise me with the way Corey was with Angela. It made my crush turn into lust for this incredible hero!

I give Corey a CAN-I-KEEP-HIM-FOREVER-AND-EVER FIVE  BRIGHT SHOOTING STARS! 


No comments:

Post a Comment