Friday, April 20, 2018

ARC Review - Skinny Pants by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff!


BLURB:

From New York Times Bestseller Mimi Jean Pamfiloff Comes a New, Standalone, Romantic Comedy, SKINNY PANTS.
(Book Three, The Happy Pants Café Series) 

SHE ACCIDENTALLY CATFISHED THE PERFECT GUY. 
BUT WILL HE EVER LOVE THE REAL HER?

DR. JACK REED has been through hell. His wife cheated on him, broke his heart, and lied for years. But moving on isn’t easy, and it’s impossible to trust women again. Until he meets Macie, a nurse at his new hospital. There’s something about her honest heart that makes him want to fight to get his life back. 

NURSE MACIE FRANKLIN was always known as “the fat girl.” After decades of failed diets, she doesn’t dream of ever being anything but invisible to the opposite sex. One moment of weakness and two glasses of bubbly later, she’s in a steamy online chat with “Dr. J-Love” as the fake, size 8, bubbly Catrina.

Their passionate conversation convinces her it’s time to make big life changes. But when she goes to see Dr. Reed, the new amazing surgeon everyone’s talking about, it’s Dr. J-Love! And he’s way hotter in person.

They hit it off a second time as friends, but now Macie’s heart is at risk of falling hopelessly in love. Will he ever love the real her back?

MY REVIEW:

Skinny Pants is an EXCELLENT written romance! I got HOOKED on Macie and Jack! Just like Macie I couldn't tell if Jack was into Macie as a friend or wanted her as his woman until the very end and it was that confusion that made this story endearing. Normally you know RIGHT AWAY in a romance when a guy likes a woman but damn, for once I couldn't tell and it drove me batty in a very good way. I found myself flying through the book to find out EVERYTHING. And these characters...FANTASTIC! I liked them both a whole lot and the fact that there was both heat and humor made this book even more incredible. 

From the moment I started this book I knew I was going to be in for a real treat. Nothing gets me more interested in a romance than when the heroine is a curvy one. When I find that she is super sweet, fun, sassy, and just as thrown by Jack as I was it made me like her more because that connection was just...THERE! Its not often I find a connection with a heroine but Macie...yea I totally get her and LOVED HER. Jack is a WAY TO PERFECT MAN..except when it came to what he wanted and his feelings. I wanted to smack him more than once but hot damn, I also wanted to SHOVE him at Macie and say, this is a woman you just HAVE to have and in the end I am VERY pleased with how things turned out. I HIGHLY recommend this book!

Skinny Pants gets a DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING FIVE SHOOTING STARS! WELL DONE INDEED!

No comments:

Post a Comment