Friday, June 13, 2014

ARC Review of Broken Pieces by Janine Infante Bosco




BLURB:

Nick Foti left Riverdale New York, seven years ago, leaving his dreams and the only family he ever knew behind. Most of all he left the one girl that managed to completely unravel him. Samantha Lanza was his best friends little sister. She wasn't meant to be his, she was his to protect like a sister. 

When he finally decided he couldn't fight his attraction to her, events unfold that force him to leave her and the only life he has ever wanted behind. Forced to work for his father in Seattle, Nick is miserable. He spends most his time in the boardroom playing the corporate mogul. The rest of the time he loses himself in a bottle and random woman that will never compare to the one he left behind. 

One day Nick hits rock bottom and decides he’s had enough, he hangs up his suit and tie and sets out to reclaim the life he was meant to have. He heads back to Riverdale just when the family he has always loved as his own needs him the most. Everyone welcomes Nick with open arms, except Sam. She wants nothing to do with him. Can he convince her he’s a changed man who wants nothing more than to have her in his arms forever? Or has is the betrayal she feels too great to forgive.




MY REVIEW:

Broken Pieces is the second book in Janine Bosco's The Riverdale Series. Since I enjoyed the first book I knew I would also enjoy the second one. The one thing that I liked most was this gorgeous cover. I mean, who wouldn't enjoy a cover featuring a smoking hot man with tattoos? I wanted to lick the cover a few times...but some how I refrained. The other thing I liked about this story was the hero, Nick. He is gorgeous, fun, patient up to a point, caring, and noble which I think may be his best feature. 
Samantha I wanted to smack a few times because I felt she was just a tad too bitchy. I understand she felt betrayed by Nick when he left (which of course he did to help his friends and Samantha) but I thought she should of giving him more of a second chance instead of just giving him the cold shoulder and trying to ignore him.
The one thing that really bothered me about this book was that the previous hero from Pieces lost his life in this book. I almost didn't finish it because I was utterly devastated at that point. But I honestly felt like I had to give Miss Bosco a lot of credit too because she added something to this romance that you don't see too often in other romances: Tragedy. The kind of tragedy that has to deal with real life situations, such as cancer and other diseases that won't be held back. It also let us readers know that tragedy can be found in both real life and in books and we shouldn't hide from it because tragedy is nothing more then a trial we have to go through in life.
Broken Pieces flowed together nicely with a little bit of humor, some sad moments that left me in tears, and some happy ones that left me with a smile. This story has everything, you could want. It's an emotional roller-coaster ride with plenty of steamy scenes and some tear inducing ones that will take your breath away.
I give Broken Pieces a FULL FIVE OUT OF FIVE STARS! This Series just gets better and better and I am already hoping for a third.


No comments:

Post a Comment