Tuesday, June 10, 2014

ARC Review of Taking Chances by Suzette Cauler




BLURB:

Risking her life is nothing new to shape-shifter Dakota Laveaux, but when the thief-for-hire enters the Ettore compound, she gets far more than she bargained for. Determined to keep a haunting promise, Dakota will do anything to complete her mission, but the dangerously sexy Kane Ettore, leader of the Ettore vampire clan, becomes a delicious distraction. From the moment they meet, Dakota is drawn along on a roller coaster ride of mistaken identities, missed chances, scorching passion, and undeniable bliss.

Has sleeping with the enemy ever felt so good?

Dakota is hopelessly torn between her need for revenge and the insatiable hunger Kane inspires in her. With her life hanging in the balance, Dakota must decide whether to trust the vampire she’s already betrayed or take her chances with the cunning werewolf who has promised to help her. How far will she go to win this deadly game, and will she lose her heart in the process?



MY REVIEW:

FREAKING AWESOME PARANORMAL ROMANCE! This was the first thing that popped in my head immediately after reading Taking Chances by Suzette Cauler. Even though this was a short romance, I enjoyed EVERY single page and word of this book. I was absolutely thrown for a loop when I realized that Dakota wasn't just the normal type of shifter that turned into an animal...but the kind of shifter that can turn into just about ANYONE, human, immortal, or animal. I thought that was so cool and different that it was pretty extraordinary in my eyes.
Kane was one SEXY vampire. I liked his immediate reaction to Dakota and his need to protect her and make love to her was a powerful thing I could feel on the pages. 
I got to see a little bit of humor, a lot of action, and a heck of a lot of lust and some REALLY hot sex scenes in Taking Chances. There is nothing average about this story and should definitely be read by those that love paranormal romance featuring unique shape-shifters and sexy vampires.
I gave this story a FULL FIVE OUT OF FIVE STARS!! This has got to be one of my favorites in short stories. I can't wait to read more books by Suzette Cauler. It was really well thought out, unique, sexy, and just plain delicious! YUM is the word I am looking for. Go forth and get your copy at Bookstrand today!

No comments:

Post a Comment