Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Netgalley ARC Review - Resurrection River (Men of Mercy 2) by Lindsay Cross



BLURB:

Ranger James accepted his best friend’s death like a good soldier. 

With guilt. Regret. Vengeance. But a forbidden desire keeps pulling him from his mission…

Desire for his best friend’s widow.

Killed in Action. That’s why Rachel Carter’s husband wasn’t coming home. 

A war widow, alone and broke, Rachel struggles to revive her family’s crop dusting service to survive. Now she takes to the skies to find escape. Escape from the pain. From the guilt. From the earth-shattering desire for her husband’s best friend. 

Rachel and Ranger can’t fight the attraction between them any longer. But one fateful night cleaves their new found love in two...

Can they find the will to fight for true love? Or will an evil so shocking destroy their lives for good?



MY REVIEW:

My gawd how I cried at the beginning of this book! I felt the immense pain of grief that poor Rachel went through as she lost her husband and was heartbroken as she went through the funeral process. It was a real emotional beginning but thank goodness for a sexy man such as Ranger. I loved how much he cared about Rachel and how much he helped her get through her grief and embrace a new relationship.

Resurrection River also had some superb suspense action going on. It was high in action, high in chemistry, and high in romance. I liked both Rachel and Ranger. The chemistry is incredibly strong between these two but you can definitely see that Rachel is still fighting with her grief. But the fact that it doesn't deter Ranger much because he cares about her and understands where her pain is coming from, was pretty damn awesome to witness. 

My emotions were all over the place with this book. I cried, I sighed, and I was happy. Plus with the danger lurking nearby, I was constantly in a state of nervousness, wondering what was going to happen next. I LOVED IT! Such a great story deserves recognition. Resurrection River got an AMAZING FIVE SHOOTING STARS! This book took my breath away and had me biting my nails at the same time. Wonderfully written! I will be keeping this author and series on my, "Must Have" list for now on. 



No comments:

Post a Comment