Thursday, December 10, 2015

ARC Review - Possessing Josephine by Silke Ming!




BLURB:

When Josephine "Josie" Fletcher meets a handsome cowboy in the bar, there is immediately a mutual attraction, but it is not a chance meeting. She has been set up by her roommate, Gypsy. She soon finds out that Richard Schreck is not a cowboy, but a respected lawyer, with a penchant for black women. Their relationship is electric, and they both have ravenous sexual appetites.
However, a well-known woman from his past, who had been genitally mutilated as a child, hires him in a case against her mother. When news of her mutilation is leaked, the press camp out around her home. He tells Josie the bare bones of the case, but not the identity of his client.
Afraid for her safety, he moves his client into his home, which makes Josie unhappy. With no contact between them, Josie is convinced he has forgotten about her, until he once again finds himself on her doorstep with promises of fidelity


MY REVIEW:

Interracial romance is not a typical romance that I read. Not because I am racist but I just never really came across one that spoke to me. Silke Ming did a pretty good job with Possessing Josephine. I like that we get a quick start to the story and that it had a pretty good pace. The plot was ingenious to me. It reeled it me in and had me curious and pretty anxious about reading it. The characters are well thought out. There is plenty of action, sizzling sex, and some interesting scenes. Its a pretty quick read, but you can definitely tell there will be another part to the story which I liked. I am definitely curious to see how things will turn out in the next book. 

Possessing Josephine gets a THREE AND A HALF STARS! Its a quick read that is sweet, sexy, and full of action! I am looking forward to the next one to see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment