Tuesday, March 28, 2017

ARC Review - Hunger (Jane Thornton Trilogy 1) by C.E. Black!


BLURB:

“‘Have you seen the girl?’

I was the only girl here. The only living soul in this whole damn town. It had been almost a year since the beginning of the end, and I’d been here the entire time. It was my hometown, where I’d grown up. And where I thought I would die. Eventually. But I wasn’t ready. Not yet.”



A year ago, Jane Thornton had watched quietly as the world fell apart. Like a thief in the night, something had taken humanity, leaving behind only the dead and the flesh eaters. Or so she’d thought. 



Being born mute had been a weakness in the old world, but now she used it to her advantage. If there was one thing she was good at, it was hiding. Until they found her.



Kaden Wells and Mason Reed were two of the biggest, most threatening men she’d ever seen. And she was now their captive. But if they were holding her against her will, where were her chains? Why were they so concerned about her safety and empty stomach? And how could her heart survive if she ran now?



*Warning: This book contains strong sexual content, violence, and adult language. Not suitable for readers under the age of 18.

MY REVIEW:

I absolutely COULD NOT put this down! Seriously, I finished this story in less than two hours. I was HOOKED from the VERY first sentence. C.E. Black might have won me over COMPLETELY with this BRAND SPANKING new series! I have been searching for a great post-apocalyptic romance since I first read Kylie Scott's Flesh Series and Meghan March's Flash Bang series as well as Rebecca Zanetti's Scorpius Syndrome series. And other than a book here and there that were satisfactory, Miss Black gave me EXACTLY the kind of story I have been searching for since those books. I was on the edge the whole time reading this story. Even though this is more of a slightly longer novella, the fact that this is a serial and had one heck of a great cliffhanger left me desperately wishing I had the second book to read. This book was thrilling, dangerous, hot as f**K and just so...well, AMAZING! I can't even begin to describe exactly how much I LOVED this book!

If you adore post-apocalyptic romance with loads of walking dead, sizzling HOT sex, a pair of delicious heroes and plenty of excitement and heart stopping danger, you will fall head over heels for this new series. I read this earlier today and I am still feeling a book hangover...not sure how I will get through it either...unless of course, I get the second book *Wink*. Miss C.E. Black wrote such a intense, mind-boggling story with zombies, not one, but TWO gorgeous heroes, plenty of danger and a cliffhanger that will leave you screaming for the next book. I. Loved. It.

Hunger the first book in C.E. Black's new Jane Thornton Trilogy gets a MIND BLOWING FIVE SHOOTING STARS! Heck, this deserves a GAZILLION STARS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment