Monday, March 20, 2017

ARC Review - Protecting Faith by Lynne St. James!


BLURB:

Will he be able to keep her safe?

After he had finished a job in San Diego, Ex-SEAL Chase “Frost” Brennan stopped by to see old friends. Meeting up with Wolf and the rest of his team at their old hangout, the last person he expected to see was the only woman he’d ever loved and the only one he couldn’t have. But maybe this was his second chance.

Faith Murdock was a civilian psychologist for the Navy by day and burlesque dancer by night. Dancing was her release. It kept her sane and helped her forget the one patient she couldn’t help—a Navy SEAL who’d stolen her heart. 

When she started receiving anonymous notes, she thought it was nothing. Then they became threatening, and she knew she had to ask for help. There were only a few people she trusted, and Wolf and Caroline were two of them. The other was Frost, but that was a long time ago. Seeing him at her show was like a dream come true. But she still wondered if it was a coincidence or was he her stalker?

Faith wasn’t the same woman he’d lost three years ago, and Frost had his work cut out for him. But with the help of Wolf’s team, he’d do what it took to catch the stalker and save his woman. Because whether she knew it or not, she was his and this time she wasn’t getting away.

MY REVIEW:

Eeeep! Another super great book in Susan Stoker's Kindle World series, this time from Lynne St. James! Protecting Faith had loads of suspense, mixed with unforgettable characters, including our favorites from Susan Stoker's SEALs of Protection and we get Lynne's brand of writing that drew me in immediately. I freaking fell hard for Faith and Chase! I loved how they got their second chance, even if it was because of a crazy stalker following Faith. The suspense had me on the edge as I followed Wolf and Caroline, Faith, and Chase as they worked together to find out who the stalker was. 

In between the mystery, we get romance and second chance love that had my heart fluttering. Miss St. James never ceases to amaze me with her knack of creating a story with a plot that can steal my breath and keep me guessing. Her characters I always seem to fall in love with. They are charming, fierce, sweet, loyal, and full of compassion. And protecting Faith may very well have my two favorite characters of all time! I loved having a heroine who was a psychologist in the AM and a Burlesque dancer by night. I am so fascinated with her being a burlesque dancer and the scene that played out was so...enchanting. I loved it!

Protecting Faith gets a SERIOUSLY AMAZING FIVE SHOOTING STARS! This may very well be one of my FAVORITES in Susan Stoker's Kindle World so far. Great Job Lynne St. James...Great job! 


No comments:

Post a Comment