Saturday, May 17, 2014

Interview with Emily A. Lawrence, author of The Guardian of My Soul



I like to introduce you all to a great author I am interviewing today. She is the writer of books like the Soul's Desire Series, and Weekend Getaway Series.
Thank you Emily for stopping by and answering a few questions for me.



 
 

1.  Did you enjoy reading as you grew up? What was your favorite type of book to read?

I read when I was younger, but not as much as I do now. As a formal professional tennis player, I didn’t have much time for reading, nor found the kind of books that would thrill me and make me want to spend the little free time I had reading. Then I discovered Dan Brown’s books and read them all one after the other. It was that kind of books that sparked my interest, but now I also enjoy reading contemporary romance, paranormal romance , Young Adult, and most of all, New Adult.

 

2. What was the first book you got published?

The first book I published is a short story called “Hot Dreams of a Lonely Soul,” published by Secret Cravings Publishing.  The book is about Carly, a former bikini model who managed to get out of an abusive marriage, and her new boss, Robert, the man who makes her believe in love again and give happiness another chance. The book has two continuations, “Hopeful Dreams and New Beginnings” and “A Dream Come True.”

 

3. If writing didn’t work out for you, what would have been your second career choice?

In college I studied International Relations, and have a master in Sustainable Development. However, I am a free spirit. The 9 to 5 working day never appealed to me. I would have probably tried to become a cover artist. Photography is one my other hobbies, which I probably inherited from my father, who’s studied art in high school and is a great painter.

 

4.  What is the next book you’re working on?

Currently I am working on the sequel to “Unforgettable Hearts” which is the second book in my Soul’s Desire Series, published by Beau Coup Publishing.  This story is about Ellie and Tyler, two childhood friends who haven’t seen each other for seven years. When an unexpected trip reunites them, Ellie finds herself unable to resist the strong pull she feels toward him, nor control the feelings she’s fought so hard to keep at bay for such a long time.

 

5. Do you have a favorite book out of all the ones you have written so far? And can you tell us why it’s your favorite?

I love all my books, but the ones in my Soul’s Desire Series the most. If I were to choose between “The Guardian Of My Soul” (book 1) and “Unforgettable Hearts” (book 2), I’d probably go with the latter because I feel closer to Ellie and her story was somewhat inspired by something that’s happened to me when I was younger.
Thank you so much for taking the time to answer a few questions. I am looking forward to reading more of your books.



5 comments:

  1. I really appreciate it when an author is telling a story that means something to them. I look forward to reading some of Emily's work. - Caitlyn O'Leary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Caitlyn! I hope you will enjoy the books :D

      Delete
  2. Emily has a passion for great stories and as a professional she is without peer. I love her style and creativity most of all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words, Curtiss! I really appreciate you stopping by :D

      Delete
  3. Thank you, Marie, for the interview and the awesome reviews for my books! You rock!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete