Saturday, June 7, 2014

ARC Review of Alchemy by Serena Fairfax




BLURB:

Set in sun-drenched Lake Garda where churchmouse Tamsin Heriot, an English rose, pairs off with sexy, privileged Luca Leopoldo who’s half Italian half Somali. But Luca isn’t what he seems…
Orphaned, aged seven, when his childhood in Mogadishu is brutally destroyed, Luca is left emotionally broken. Ragged and starving he seeks refuge in Italy where kindly aristocrats adopt him. 

Ever since she was fifteen, Tamsin has had a crush on Luca and the summer before she goes to university, she’s determined to lose her virginity to him.

It’s eight years before their trajectories re-converge. Tamsin, still lusting after Luca, receives devastating news that triggers her return to the dilapidated family casa when an unexpected bond develops between her and Luca’s widowed, adoptive mother.
A will alters what starts as a dalliance and there’s no shortcut to love, everything to lose, as the relationship between two wounded people, Luca and Tamsin, is pushed to breaking point.




MY REVIEW: 

 I found the beginning of Alchemy to be a bit drawn out but at the same time I really enjoyed the enthusiasm and determination of the female lead, Tamsin.
The story had an almost old world charm to this romance with the wording and characters that was quite enjoyable. I really liked Luca and Tamsin. I loved the names. I found them to be really unique and had almost a pretty quality to them. They aren't names you would find often and that just added more to pretty much everything.
I fell in love with Luca. He is good looking, charming, and just oozed sex. I loved the description of him and I could picture him perfectly and let me tell you, my imagination came up with one SMOKING HOT MALE!
Tamsin was a very likable character too. She is smart, determined, sexy, and just plain interesting. I liked how strong willed she was too. There is nothing better then a strong heroine in my eyes.
Although I did enjoy Alchemy, I will honestly say that some of the wording and context threw me a bit at the beginning. Once things picked up, the story flowed quite nicely and was totally worth reading.
I give Alchemy a THREE AND A HALF OUT OF FIVE STARS! Its charming, sexy,cultured, with an old world  charm that will leave readers satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment