Thursday, July 17, 2014

ARC Review of Shifted Temptations by C.E. Black




BLURB:

When Samantha (aka Sam) finds herself falling in love with not one, but two men she’s been having a no-strings ménage relationship with, she decides splitting up is the right thing to do. Jordan and Alex refuse to commit, but Sam needs more stability in her life, especially when she finds out she is about to take on a whole lot more responsibility. 
Jordan and Alex grew up together in a small town of jaguar shifters, where being a half-blood was looked down upon, even by their own fathers. Once they became adults, they left their community and joined a secret military operation call the Alpha Division, a team of shifters keeping the peace with any means necessary, and their next mission comes close to home. Both men feel they have too many secrets for commitment, but at the same time cannot stand the thought of losing Sam. 
When Jordan and Alex’s past comes back to haunt them, a possible traitor on the team threatens the woman they love and a future they have never dreamt. Once secrets are revealed, can the three of them forget the past and forgive the lies or will fear drive them further apart? 




MY REVIEW:

Shifted Temptations is the first book I have read by author C.E. Black. I really enjoyed this shifter romance too.  I thought it was really neat to see all three character perspectives.  With one chapter being Sam's and then one being Alex, and one being Jordan, it was really unique to see what all the characters were thinking and feeling throughout the book.
This was really well written and a very good thought out story. I liked Sam for her independence, her strong will, and determination. I liked Alex for his easy going ways, his easy smile, and how determined he was to get Sam back into his life. Jordan was the one character I wanted to smack sometimes though. He was a hard-ass, and seemed like he made a lot of mistakes with both Sam and Alex, but after a while, he became the hero I like to see in my romances. Dedicated, and sweet. With a hidden charm that I just loved.
Shifted Temptations was a heartfelt, sexy, sassy joy ride I LOVED immensely. I liked the shifter elements, the sex was phenomenal, with the perfect type of tension between the characters, and the romance was sweet and seductive while the story just drew me in. I give this a stunning FOUR OUT OF FIVE STARS!! Its perfectly delectable!

No comments:

Post a Comment