Thursday, June 11, 2015

Shakedown by Michelle Roth ARC Review!





BLURB:

Private Detective Mike Diamond is the low man on the totem pole. More often than not he finds himself investigating insurance fraud or cheating spouses. When he's assigned a dog-napping case, he is on the brink of refusing until he meets the client. One look at her changes everything. 

When the police refuse to investigate her case, Cassidy Werner turns to Diamond and Diamond Private Investigators. Despite the bad first impression he's given her, Cassidy still hires Mike to help her find her prize Tibetan Mastiff. As she gets to know him, she realizes that he's not only dedicated to getting Roddy back for her, but also a pretty great guy. 

Right after she receives a ransom demand, things begin to heat up between them. Will Mike be able to crack the case and save her dog? And if he can, does that mean that he gets the girl too?




MY REVIEW:


When I first got a glimpse of this book by Michelle Roth, I knew right away that I wanted to read it. I really like the theme: a Private Detective agency, Diamond and Diamond Private Investigators, who will help those that the cops refuse or won't do anything for. Shakedown is about one of those investigators, Mike Diamond who got a case for a kidnapped dog. When he meets the owner, sexy Cassidy, he feels instant attraction to her and soon starts to feel more for her as they look into who kidnapped her dog. I found at times, that the tension between Mike and Cassidy to be almost sizzling and crackling as they race to save her cherished Tibetan Mastiff.

The one thing I wish there was more of was suspense. I felt like things happened a bit too quickly and then kind of slowed down. I think if things were stretched out a bit more when it came to finding the dog and the rescue, I think this could of made things a lot better with the story. I did like the characters and the general plot, but if there was a bit more to the story, this book would of been absolutely perfect.

Even though I wouldn't rate this a Five Stars, I definitely think it deserved a THREE AND A HALF SHOOTING STARS! With a bit more suspense to go with the romance in future books, I think this series could easily take off and become a huge hit! For a first book in Michelle Roth's new series, it was pretty good and worth reading. I love the idea for this new series and even though I gave it a THREE AND A HALF STARS, I still liked it and am curious to see what will happen in future books and I know Michelle Roth will only get better with each new one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment