Thursday, February 25, 2016

Netgalley ARC Review - Claiming Her SEAL by Kat Cantrell!



BLURB:

In Navy SEAL Dex Riley’s world, women fall into two categories: those who don’t ask questions and those who wish they hadn’t. He hides the darkness in his past, content to run an island adventure company in the Caribbean with members of his former SEAL team—until resort guest Emma Richardson targets him for a vacation fling. Her fresh innocence and insistence on seeing hero material in Dex where none exists makes him yearn to be the man she deserves. And that terrifies Dex more than any war zone he's ever faced, until he discovers Emma has demons of her own…


MY REVIEW:

Claiming Her SEAL wasn't as good as I first thought it would be. It had great potential, but it didn't live up to my expectations like I thought it would. The story was decent and the characters were pretty darn interesting, but the off again and on again affection and feelings Dex had going on with Emma put me off a bit. Plus I found the same things being repeated a lot during the first several chapters. This had great potential. I loved the blurb. It had me curious to the romance and plot, but the actual story lacked...character. At least to me. And I REALLY wanted to like the story. The cover was very gorgeous and I love a story with a sexy SEAL. I do hope though that other readers won't be put off by the book just by one review. I know this story will have others wanting another taste. This book just wasn't for me.

I am only going to give this book a TWO AND A HALF STARS! I did not find it as passionate, or sexy, or as good as I was hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment