Friday, February 7, 2014

Review of Fashionably Dead by Robyn Peterman



BLURB:

Vampyres don’t exist. They absolutely do not exist.

At least I didn’t think they did ‘til I tried to quit smoking and ended up Undead. Who in the hell did I screw over in a former life that my getting healthy equates with dead?

Now I’m a Vampyre. Yes, we exist whether we want to or not. However, I have to admit, the perks aren’t bad. My girls no longer jiggle, my ass is higher than a kite and the latest Prada keeps finding its way to my wardrobe. On the downside, I’m stuck with an obscenely profane Guardian Angel who looks like Oprah and a Fairy Fighting Coach who’s teaching me to annihilate like the Terminator.

To complicate matters, my libido has increased to Vampyric proportions and my attraction to a hotter than Satan’s underpants killer rogue Vampyre is not only dangerous . . . it’s possibly deadly. For real dead. Permanent death isn’t on my agenda. Avoiding him is my only option. Of course, since he thinks I’m his, it’s easier said than done. Like THAT’S not enough to deal with, all the other Vampyres think I’m some sort of Chosen One.

Holy Hell, if I’m in charge of saving an entire race of blood suckers, the Undead are in for one hell of a ride


MY REVIEW:
Another great book by the fun and talented author, Robyn Peterman. I had read this when it was first released but when I was asked if I would like to do a review for Fashionably Dead I knew I had to do a reread to refresh my brain. I forgot how entertaining this was. This book took vampyres to a new and exciting place, making them unique but with certain qualities you would expect from the "normal" vampires. I ADORED it too!
We have such a combination of quirky and outrageous characters. From the Oprah look-a-like Guardian Angel who is strangely named Pam, not Oprah, and a Fairy Couch who looks like just like Mr. Arnold Schwarzenegger. A cute little vampire by the name of Paris Hilton and another vampire (this one absolutely stunning!) by the name of Venus not to mention the not-quite-mortal best friend Gemma. And what a good friend she is too! She offered Astrid her wrist after she was turned. Now THAT is what a true friend is! We also have these loveable, yet slightly ugly demon babies that adore  Astrid and help her here and there. I REALLY find it cool that they eat glitter magic that Astrid throws at them. They seem..sweet in a creepy kind of way, yet I find myself adoring these creepy little demons throughout this book.
Astrid is the heroine and one I very much like. She is fun, caring, funny, and has the hots for the Warrior Prince, Ethan. Honestly, I can't blame her for having the hots for Ethan either. He is gorgeous, extremely sexy, charming, amusing and has equal attraction for Astrid. Which makes perfect sense since she is his destined mate AND the Chosen One. Fashionably Dead is an outrageously fun, amusing  romp with plenty of romance, comedy, sex so hot it will feel like your on fire and plenty of twists and turns and awesome tricks and adventure around every corner. I am SO DYING for the next book in this new Hot Damned Series! I give this a FIVE OUT OF FIVE STARS! Its a wonderfully written book of awesome-sauce and I can't wait for more. You HAVE to go pick this book up and check out this masterpiece yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment