Monday, February 10, 2014

Review of Theirs to Cherish by Shayla Black


BLURB:
The perfect place for a woman on the run to disappear…
Accused of a horrific murder she didn’t commit, former heiress Callie Ward has been a fugitive since she was sixteen—until she found the perfect hideout, Club Dominion. The only problem is she’s fallen for the club’s master, Mitchell Thorpe, who keeps her at arm’s length. Little does she know that his reasons for not getting involved have everything to do with his wounded heart…and his consuming desire for her.
To live out her wildest fantasies…
Enter Sean Kirkpatrick, a Dom who’s recently come to Dominion and taken a pointed interest in Callie. Hoping to make Thorpe jealous, she submits to Sean one shuddering sigh at a time. It isn’t long before she realizes she’s falling for him too. But the tender lover who’s seducing her body and slowly earning her trust isn’t who he claims...
And to fall in love.
When emotions collide and truths are exposed, Sean is willing to risk all to keep Callie from slipping through his fingers. But he’s not the only man looking to stake a claim. Now Callie is torn between Sean and Thorpe, and though she’s unsure whom she can trust, she’ll have to surrender her body and soul to both—if she wants to elude a killer… 


MY REVIEW:

When I was offered the opportunity to review Theirs to Cherish there was NO WAY I was going to turn it down. I have been in love with these Wicked Lover books since Wicked Ties. With each one I have been more and more entranced with the characters. Thorpe has always been a secret crush of mine mainly because he was the head-honcho of Dominion and frankly, I have been a HUGE fan of not just the alpha male, but the TOP alpha male and with Thorpe being the owner of Dominion, you can't get more TOP then that.

Sean was a surprise for me. I always assumed his Scottish accent was real so imagine my surprise when I learned his was..well NOT real. But he is no less attractive in my eyes. I love his protective side and his extreme need to give EVERYTHING to Callie. He is charming, sexy, stern, and yes, caring. I am in no way saying Thorpe isn't any of those things. He certainly has a very great need to keep Callie safe at ALL cost, even if it means locking her away for her own good. Thorpe is definitely sexy, a bit more alpha and has a much serious side. The fact that he denies his feelings for Callie doesn't make me think of him any less, because what he doesn't say in words, he says in his actions.

Callie was another great surprise with me. I was expecting her to be a bit bratty, especially from what I gathered about her in previous books, but I in no way expected her to be as resourceful or cunning as she turned out to be in this book. I LOVED her submissive side but I absolutely adored her independent side. The side that demanded she protect herself by hiding and blending into her environment as she eluded bounty hunters and assassins for about nine years. Her disguises were perfect and when she goes into hiding it took both Sean and Thorpe a few days to find her because she was THAT good at hiding.
It definitely got interesting when they finally caught up to her.

By time they got Callie back their passion ignites and things turn heated quickly. The sex is absolutely SCORCHING between these three! I had such a hard time putting this book down. Shayla Black blended the perfect combination of hotter then hot sex, suspense, romance, and the happily ever after you expect from one of her Wicked Lover books. I gave this book a FIVE OUT OF FIVE STARS! It's a wonderfully written romance for sure. It made me cry, laugh, squirm, sigh, and bite my nails with each turn of the page. I can't get enough of these books! If you like your romance with a bit of suspense and a whole lot of HOT sex, then I highly recommend you pick up one of Shayla Black's Wicked Lover books, heck you might just want to get them ALL and be prepared to get satisfied.


No comments:

Post a Comment