Saturday, July 30, 2016

ARC Review - Drug Lord by Alyse Zaftig!



BLURB:

One day, I hear my fiancĂ© and my best friend moaning in a coat closet. Did I mention that it was during my engagement party? 

Now I’m a princess who has left her old life behind. I go to a country where I don’t have to remember who I am. 

Where I meet one of the most notorious drug lords in the world. I had no idea that he had an arrogant smile and killer body. 

A good girl like me shouldn’t tangle with a man like that, except I have no clue who he actually is. 

Until I’m pregnant. 

Now it's too late. 

I am not a good man. 

I’m the head of a criminal empire, and I like it that way. My life is full of the finest food, the best alcohol, and a whole lot of gunfire. 

Women flock to me like bees to honey. I take what I want and leave them the next day. 

Until I meet her. 

One look in her eyes and I’m hooked for life. 

I'll do whatever it takes to keep what's mine. 
***Guaranteed HEA, no cliffhangers***


MY REVIEW:

This was a good book. I didn't love it, but it was like-able. The one thing that kind of bothered me was I felt like a lot of the sex lacked heat. I did like the characters. 

The writing itself was decent. Wished there were a bit more descriptions when it came to the looks of the characters and surroundings. Also wish there was more heat with the sex. But the romance was nice. It was steady and surprisingly sweet at moments, especially considering our "hero" was a mob boss. I would definitely read another story by Alyse Zaftig.

Drug Lord gets a THREE SHOOTING STARS! Even though the sex wasn't the best I have read, the romance was sweet enough to make this read a decent one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment