Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Ready To Were by Robyn Peterman (Shift Happens Series #1) Review



BLURB:

I never planned on going back to Hung Island, Georgia. Ever.

I was a top notch Were agent for the secret paranormal Council and happily living in Chicago where I had everything I needed – a gym membership, season tickets to the Cubs and Dwayne – my gay, Vampyre best friend. Going back now would mean facing the reason I’d left and I’d rather chew my own paw off than deal with Hank.

Hank the Tank Wilson was the six foot three, obnoxious, egotistical, perfect-assed, best-sex-of-my-life, Werewolf who cheated on me and broke my heart. At the time, I did what any rational woman would do. I left in the middle of the night with a suitcase, big plans and enough money for a one-way bus ticket to freedom. I vowed to never return.

But here I am, trying to wrap my head around what has happened to some missing Weres without wrapping my body around Hank. I hope I don’t have to eat my words and my paw.


MY REVIEW:

Ready To Were was previously released in the Anthology, Three Southern Beaches which was released in July of 2014. This happens to be the extended version of that story and wow, I can honestly say I am THRILLED to see this amazing extended version and to find out that this is a start of a brand new series for the talented and fun Robyn Peterman. 

 This story is a fun filled adventure that had me laughing so hard I could barely contain it. I absolutely love the snark and the laugh out loud moments, which seemed to happen in just about every page. The characters are fun, witty, and just perfect for this story. I LOVED Essie! She is an agent for WTF and is one hell of a fiery heroine. When she gets assigned to come back to her hometown, she is immediately leery because she has a old crush who she refers to as, "Hank the Tank". Her best friend, Dwayne comes along for the ride and as soon as Essie sees Hank again, sparks fly and humor and lots of sass follow.

There are a ton of other fabulous and fun characters that you just HAVE to read about for yourself. Ready To Were is filled to the brim with paranormal elements, and surprises that will keep any reader satisfied. Along with some romping good sex, and witty dialogue and some fabulous writing, this book is just perfect and is exactly why I gave this an AMAZING FIVE OUT OF FIVE SHOOTING STARS!  Robyn creates the kind of books that have both romance and comedy that make most readers laugh, shake their heads, and turn the page for more! Looking forward to the next book in Robyn's new Shift Happens Series. 




No comments:

Post a Comment