Tuesday, December 16, 2014

The Colors of Autumn (The Five Widows 3) by Silke Ming ARC Review




BLURB:

 [Siren Allure: Erotic Contemporary Romance, with F/F, bondage, food play, sex toys, HEA] A past indiscretion comes back to haunt Autumn Chance, when someone from her past threatens to blackmail her with incriminating photos taken at an office Christmas party five years earlier. Autumn is unsure about her sexuality, and when she meets Bobby Jo McVane, the two connect sexually, but there is no emotional attachment to Bobby Jo, and on a flight from Charleston back to New York, she meets the handsome Richard Wilcox, a private eye. She hires him to find out who is blackmailing her, and always being in close proximity, they fall for each other. Hot, sizzling sex brings her face to face with the reality that she is not as attracted to women as she had thought. Her blackmailer turns out to be one of her former bosses, Robert Halsey, Scarlet Styles's lover, and after a confrontation with Richard Wilcox, Robert Halsey treads carefully around Autumn. ** A Siren Erotic Romance



MY REVIEW:

 The Colors of Autumn is the third book in Silke Ming's Five Widows Series. With each new installment I noticed that each of the widows has different sexual tastes which adds its own flavor to the stories. They are always unique in their own way and are BIG with the sex scenes. I really liked this story a lot more then the last one. But there was a couple of small things that did bother me about this book.

Shortly after Autumn goes to Charleston to meet back with Bobby Jo for some more hot sex, Autumn learns that Bobby Jo likes to be in control in the bedroom. When Bobby Jo decides to do some personal grooming on Autumn, one of the terms that was used disturbed me. I did not like to think of a woman's mound to be a "grassy knoll" that needed to be "sheared like a spring lamb". This definitely made me think poor Autumn had a  forest down there and I didn't find that sexy at all. However, the sex between Bobby Jo and Autumn was quite hot and inventive and was really something to read about. The only other thing that threw me slightly was I felt for Autumn's age, she was too naive and too young minded in my opinion. Other then these two things, I really did enjoy the story. I liked how Autumn was trying to find herself and thought her experimenting with Bobby Jo and Richard and her finally able to figure out what she really wanted was really well played.

With everything being so interesting and the story being really unique and sexy over all, I gave The Colors of Autumn a FOUR OUT OF FOUR STARS! Even though there was a couple of things that popped out as being a little odd, the story all together was really good and I found this to be one of my favorites in The Five Widows series.

No comments:

Post a Comment