Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Meeka's Reluctant Mates (Beckett's Wolf Pack, Triad Mates 5) by Lynnette Bernard ARC Review!I



BLURB:

(Paranormal Romance, M/F/M, Wolf Shifters, HEA)
Mikayla "Meeka" Martin's introduction to the shifter world was an attempted murder by her ex. She survived to birth her son and meet her best friend Suzie. When she and Suzie were rescued from the cruelty of Alpha Randall, Meeka is understandably hesitant to get close to any man. 
~
Reece and Wade are kind, gentle protectors who call to her in ways that Meeka has never thought possible. She aches to soothe their tortured souls. Reece Hutchinson and Wade Garner are triad partners who have a secret. The silver poisoning they sustained at the hands of Alpha Randall has ruined their lives. They want to claim Meeka as their mate and Eric as their son. But it doesn't matter what they want.
~
Meeka has had enough. She refuses to have her heart broken again. She is not going to allow Reece or Wade to hurt her, her son, or the baby they may have created. Sometimes men can be such idiots.



MY REVIEW:

Meeka's Reluctant Mates is the fifth installment to Lynnette Bernard's Beckett's Wolf Pack, Triad Mates series. I have liked all the females so far in this series, except Meeka. She isn't a bad person by any means. In fact, she is sweet and really pretty with a good heart. I just found her to be extremely naive. But after her previous  relationship and with an alpha that was a real jackass, she was a bit standoffish and maybe a bit judgmental of her mates, Reece and Wade. In a way, I really understood why she was that way, but I just wish she was a bit more strong willed. That is one of the reasons why I loved all the females in previous books. I do feel that Meeka was lacking a bit in that area.

Now just because I wasn't fond of Meeka, it doesn't mean I thought this story was bad. It was indeed a really enjoyable read with a different type of storyline compared to previous books in this series. Not to mention two determined and sexy mates who will stop at nothing to prove to Meeka that they are not only perfect for her, but will treat her the way she deserves. I definitely think they did that in the book. 

I give Meeka's Reluctant Mates a NICE THREE AND A HALF STARS! If Meeka had more of a stronger will and was a little less naive, I would of definitely given this book a four stars. I still think that this story was well written with a good plot and two sexy men that were almost irresistible for words. Definitely well worth the read!

No comments:

Post a Comment