Friday, October 20, 2017

ARC Review - Not Cassandra by LJ Vickery!


BLURB:

Tucker Devons drives trucks…and owns Devons Brothers Excavating of Boston. The six-foot-two native of New Hampshire has enough work to keep him busy, but his love life sucks. The shark-like women he meets at city bars are anxious to sample his hard-won muscles, but aren’t too keen that he gets his hands dirty for a living. At thirty-seven, he’s beginning to doubt if the down-to-earth woman he fantasizes about truly exists.
Cassandra Merloff has clawed her way out of an oppressive home life in Minnesota only to end up being abused by a boyfriend in Boston. Oh, hell no. She needs to wait until the arrogant psychopath leaves the apartment, take the money she’s squirrelled away and run. Easier said than done. When the latest beating has her badly injured she flees, but a raging snowstorm threatens her very life.
Tuck’s unlikely encounter with Cassie has him meeting the woman with whom he could spend the rest of his life. But he needs to take it slowly. Cass is understandably skittish after having suffered at the hands of her boyfriend. Can Tuck tamp down his alpha personality long enough for Cass to trust him?

MY REVIEW:

Not Cassandra is one of the most AMAZING Damsel in Distress/knight in shinning armor romances I HAVE EVER READ! I SWOONED, I SIGHED, I FELL IN ABSOLUTE HARD CORE LOVE with this story! Every time I think I found a new series from Miss Vickery that I love, she swoops in with something brand new and I fall in love with her new one. And yep, it happened again with Not Cassandra. This story is sweet, sexy, beautiful, caring, and just...everything I look for in a GREAT romance. Cassandra and Tuck are such a dreamy couple. Tuck's handsomeness and protective urges and the way he cares for Cassandra is truly heart melting and I couldn't help but to lust and love him. Cassandra NEEDS someone like Tuck. But I had to admire her strong will, her beauty, her kindness and just her experiences. I respect her and definitely enjoyed this romance.

The first thing that had the breath catching in my throat and had my heart racing was this downright GORGEOUS cover! The colors, the couple, and just everything about it, called to my inner romantic. And then that synopsis had me instantly wanting to dive in. I love a good rescue romance and this one was TOP NOTCH! There was heart breaking moments, super tender moments, sexy and passionate moments and every time Tuck took care of Cassandra, I just fell more and more under his spell. This book was just PERFECT! I can't wait and hope to get Tuck's brothers books in the VERY near future because I am ADDICTED to this new series. Best book ever!

Not Cassandra gets a SMOLDERING AND DREAMY FIVE SHOOTING STARS! Prepare yourself for a sweet and sexy read that will have your heart melting and your panties dropping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment