Sunday, May 6, 2018

ARC Review - Beneath The Scars (Masters of The Shadowlands #13 ) by Cherise Sinclair!



BLURB:

Josie doesn’t need any help raising her son.

Pregnant at sixteen, Josie learned the hard way about men and their empty promises. She picked herself up and is raising her eleven-year-old son. By herself. And that’s the way she intends it to stay. Unfortunately, her impressionable boy becomes fascinated by the scruffy, intimidating biker who lives next door.

The scars on Holt’s face are only the most visible of his wounds.

Out of the hospital after being attacked in his own damn house, Holt is coming to terms with the fact that his scars frighten people. Like his now-ex-girlfriend who ran after one look at him. Like his redheaded neighbor who hauled her boy away as if Holt was a serial killer. Fine. He’ll give the pretty bartender all the space she wants.

The Shadowlands will bring them together…

When Josie starts bartending in the exclusive, private club, she discovers her neighbor is a member. And a Master--a skilled powerful Dom who can make her fantasies come true. Slowly, the firefighter breaks down the walls around her heart, teaching her how to trust. How to love...

But when her son’s choices lead to disaster, can their relationship survive?

MY REVIEW:

So many GREAT things to say about Beneath The Scars that I am trying to slow my mind down for a few minutes so I can make sense of my thoughts. 
The BDSM is amazing...realistic, a little nerve-wracking, a LOT exciting and will make you HOT in seconds! I enjoyed and LOVED watching the many dynamics between the Doms and subs, Masters and slaves, Sadists and masochists. I feel like with each new Shadowland story I learn something new about the BDSM community that is so very interesting. I SOOOOO like reading a book where I learn something that I have been interested in for, well, ever. Cherise Sinclair is one author that does BDSM to PERFECTION! 

One of the best things about this book was watching relationships grow and strengthen, not with just with Holt and Josie (although their story made me sigh out loud), but with EVERY single couple so far from the Shadowlands. It is awe-inspiring. Seeing all my favorite characters here and there throughout the book as Josie and Holt work out their relationship made me wonderfully happy. I feel like I know these men and women intimately and personally and I feel close to them all and its something I treasure. 

Reading the connection, the ups and downs, passion and love between Josie and Holt caused my eyes to mist, my heart to lighten and when I came across the sex scenes, my skin became ULTRA sensitized. My breath started coming in pants and I was so aroused I could barely think. You can't get better sex scenes than the ones Cherise Sinclair writes. They are erotic, sexy as hell, and something I CRAVE. I ADORE these books! I swear, whenever Holt got in Dom mode, I could feel my stomach bottom out and I felt fuzzy in the head and I wanted to obey...BADLY.  I can get lost in these Shadowland books again and again and STILL find something new and amazing to love about them. 

Beneath The Scars is ENERGIZING, SEXY, BRILLIANTLY WRITTEN AND WILL LEAVE YOU PLEASED IN EVERY SINGLE WAY IMAGINABLE! I give this a PERFECT TEN WHOLE SHOOTING STARS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment