Sunday, April 19, 2020

ARC Review - Road To Fire (Broken Crown Trilogy Book 1) by Maria Luis!

Road To Fire (Broken Crown Trilogy, #1)

BLURB:

From the author of the Blood Duet, comes a gripping, dark royal romance series.


"I'm not scared of you."
I meet her gaze. "You should be."



Bound by a secret oath spanning generations, I am loyal to no one but the queen.



Spy.
Defender of the Crown.



To all of England, I'm Saxon Priest. Traitor. Murderer. Owner of London’s most infamous anti-loyalist pub.



And then she appears.



Isla Quinn may claim that she’s only looking to bus tables, but I’m no fool. Bitterness bleeds from her hard-blue eyes, and her hatred for the queen is so palpable, I can practically taste it off every sharp-tongued word slipping from her full mouth.



“Hire me,” she begs.



We’re on opposite sides of this war. Enemies from the start.



Isla thought she found an ally, but she’s found me instead.



Savage.
Ruthless.
A man with no heart, no matter how the dead space inside my chest lurches whenever she’s near.



And so I lean over, dragging her deep into this twisted game of crowns and thrones, and offer a single vow: “I could use you.”

MY REVIEW:


Road To Fire was absolutely, without a freaking doubt, IMPOSSIBLE to put down! No, really, I was IN-FREAKING-CAPABLE of putting this book down. This has been the first time in at least a year, maybe two, where I finished a book in less than 24 hrs. Road To Fire was a MASTERPIECE of lies, deception, grit, and hard core passion that set my heart to flames!

Isla and Saxon are incredible, scarred and strong characters. Complete opposites....one fire the other ice but they had a undeniable bond that immediately claims you from the very moment they meet. There was so many unbelievable, mind blowing, adrenaline inducing twists and heart-wrenching betrayals that blew me away and kept me tied to the story from start to finish. And the heat, passion and sexual tension is something to be remembered and savored for a long time to come. I tuned out EVERYTHING as I read this and i can't begin to tell you how long its been since I did that with a book. I was yanked HARD into this book and I got lost in this dark, gritty world and I loved it immensely. The sex is HOT AS F**K and I devoured those scenes and they left me feeling hot, bothered and itching for more of that delicious, dark temptation! When I hit the end (and oh boy, what an EXPLOSIVE one at that!) I slowly came out of this book, shattered, ruined and still utterly transfixed by this twisting and dark world that I am now truly obsessed and HOOKED on. I am now BEGGING for the next one ASAP!! FREAKING AMAAAAAAAZING READ!

ROAD TO FIRE GETS AN EXPLOSIVE TEN MIND BLOWING, FIERY STARS THAT WILL LEAVE YOU DESPERATE FOR MORE!

1 comment:

  1. Marie, your review has me happy crying!!! OMG, I am so frigging happy that you loved it!! I'm totally saving this link so I can come back and reread your review, because it's touched me so deeply!

    ReplyDelete