Wednesday, January 3, 2018

ARC Review - Makeshift Mate by C.E. Black!


BLURB:

This single father gig isn't so hard. Not hard at all. I'm not sure what all the fuss is about, really. It's been a breeze! Or so I thought.

When my pack decides they aren't going to babysit my kid for me anymore, my whole life turns upside down. Don't they understand I have a job to do? I'm their Alpha. I don't have time for tea parties or ballet lessons... She doesn't have tea parties anymore? Wait, how old is she again? Nine? Since when? Doesn't matter. The point is, I need a woman. One who can do more than just take care of my daughter. I'm so busy, I can't remember the last time a woman took care of me. I don't even have time to date. That's why I'm joining the online dating site, Alpha Singles.

My daughter, Sara, needs a mother. And I need a wife. ASAP.

There are thousands of women out there. Surely I can find one who's willing to take on a workaholic Alpha Wolf and his moody preteen daughter. Someone? Anyone? 

MY REVIEW:

A ultra sweet read about a father and shifter trying to run his pack and raise his young daughter. Once he realizes he can't do both, he decides its time to find a mate! But its not all roses and sunshine and he learns all sorts of stuff that has him realizing even though he might not of been a great dad, he did his best and all it took was a good woman for this sexy and tough looking shifter to soften him up. C.E. Black won me over with this romance! Sexy, sweet, and wholly unique, Makeshift Mate had my heart melting and sighing.

I fell in love with Locke and Isa and enjoyed the banter as well as all of Locke's complications between him and his daughter as he tries to run his pack. It made what I would imagine, what single parents must go through, that much more real. I liked the characters and the plot was perfect, and lets not forget the cover. That baby was gorgeous and I freaking ADORED the colors! I am so intrigued with this new Alpha Singles series and I can't wait to see what is next.

Makeshift Mate gets a DELICIOUSLY ENTERTAINING FIVE SHOOTING STARS! I am in LOVE with this new series and I want MORE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment