Saturday, January 20, 2018

ARC Review - Through The Woods by Shannon Myers!


BLURB:

Forced to run from her drug-dealing boyfriend, Neve ends up injured and alone in the middle of the Colorado wilderness. She never planned on being rescued by seven bikers and brought to their clubhouse. While the other bikers welcome a female presence, their leader, Charm, is not impressed. As Neve recuperates, she begins to see that there's much more to this club president than she thought possible. However, while she might've run, she can't stay hidden forever.


This is book one of the Fairest series, but all books are complete standalones.

MY REVIEW:

I thought I knew what I was getting into when I started Through The Woods, but honestly, this book threw me a hell of a curveball! Intense, full of angst, bad-ass bikers with surprising amount of caring and compassion and a slightly more twisted version of Snow White the fairy tale, I was utterly floored by this read. I am not sure if this is a bit of a dark romance or a harder core version of romantic suspense. I mean WOW! This was so intense! We have bikers and a woman who is coming off of drug use and secrets that seem to draw the angst and drama out and made me feel like I was standing over a cliff, heart pounding madly in my chest, and filled with exhilaration. It was all consuming and powerful and I LOVED IT!

Even though we get lots of angst, we also get plenty of heat filled moments too. Ones that had me crushing on the club president himself, even when he was a bit surly. And when shit hits the fan, things got down and dirty and scary and it was just as mesmerizing as everything else about this book. I am kind of insane about this new series of Miss Myers and I already am anticipating the next book in her new Fairest series. 

I give Through The Woods a THRILLING BEYOND BELIEF FIVE SHOOTING STARS! If you think you know bikers and their ways...you ain't seen nothing yet!  

No comments:

Post a Comment