Tuesday, June 19, 2018

ARC Review - Once Bitten, Twice Burned by Cynthia Eden!



BLURB:



Ryder Duncan keeps his secrets. With a twisted scientist starving him in a 10 X 12 cell, it's not easy to conceal the abilities that set him apart from other vampires, or his plans for escape. But survival - and revenge - are worth waiting for. Until the so-called doctor tempts his appetites with something special: a woman, with a soft Southern accent and a scent like flowers. Sabine. 

Sabine Acadia didn't volunteer to be dinner. She was kidnapped and tossed into the cage of a monster. A monster with fierce green eyes, a body that speaks of ruthless power--but a touch gentle as a caress. Ryder knows things about her, secrets Sabine needs to learn fast. Because while they might soon escape this prison, she's fighting an urge to set all her desires free...

MY REVIEW:

The second book in Cynthia Eden's Phoenix Fire series is even HOTTER, BETTER, MORE TOE CURLING than Burn For Me! I LOVED Ryder and Sabine's story! These two made goose bumps rise on my arm with their white hot, crackling chemistry and the way Ryder was so determined to follow, protect, and claim Sabine. And Sabine, the way she was so sensitive and strong willed and careful and shocked by what she was, made me like her a whole lot. This has to be one of my favorite reads by Miss Eden to date!

I was absolutely engrossed in this book the moment I started reading. I didn't want to put it down and I may have gotten a bit grouchy when my husband tried to interrupt. Its not every day I get a book that can make me forget everything and everyone like this book did and to me, that is so precious. I CHERISH the way this book and the way Miss Eden took my breath away and made me escape reality. This is one of those reads I can't wait to read again!

Once Bitten, Twice Burned gets an ADDICTING AS DARK, DECADENT CHOCOLATE FIVE SHOOTING STARS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment